Warrington RUFC (WRUFC, or "the club") is a sports section of Warrington Sport Club (WSC) and all players are required to join WSC as playing members on an annual basis, which permits the use of the clubhouse and grounds. Any non-players are required to join WSC as Social Members if they elect to use the Clubhouse facilities (aside from any parental responsibilities). Membership details are available on WSC's website.
Warrington RUFC is also an entity in its own right and is affiliated to the RFU and Lancashire RFU is it's constituent body. As such it has it's own membership. The club pay directly for RFU and Lancs affiliation, in addition to meeting the cost for playing and training equipment, training, and off-site playing facilities, Head Coach and Physio/First Aid resources, and league/cup competition fees etc. Part of the significant fund raising required to run the rugby club is met by membership fees. These are quite separate from the WSC membership requirements and entitlements.
There are the following membership categories:
* Playing (please see the Player Membership page)
The attached form covers the Non Playing categories (Social Membership). Existing or prospective Life members should contact the club secretary directly. There are 3 types of Social Members:
1. Vice President(s) and Past Presidents
2. Non Players
3. Coaches/Team Managers
1. All members are entitled to the right to apply for International Tickets.
2. Voting - Vice/Past Presidents and Coaches have WRUFC voting rights (please note these are different to WSC voting rights). Non Players that are past players or parents of players (that are current members) also have WRUFC voting rights.
3. Insurance - Coaches and associated volunteers that are members and meet the coaching requirements of the RFU and the club are covered by RFU insurance whilst undertaking relevant activities. The requirements are set out on the club website, and further information regarding the insurance cover are available on the RFU website.
All members, by applying, are deemed to have accepted the regulations of the RFU and the Club, and also the codes of conduct. The latter are available on the Welfare and Safeguarding pages of the club website.
Membership Fees (2018-19)
1. Vice President(s) and Past Presidents = Donations kindly requested (£50+)
2. Non Players = £20
3. Coaches/Team Managers = £0
Membership fees are payable by 31st October each season and can be paid by bank transfer; Account no. 03022196, sort code 01-09-17, ref Surname, Membership Type (e.g. Winstanley, Past President or Dunn, Non Player). Cheques should be made payable to Warrington RUFC, with the same reference detail written on the back, and handed to Treasurer Jon Uttley.
Online Membership Form: go to online membership form
Applications for membership as a volunteer coach are subject to confirmation by the Club Coaching Co-ordinator and/or the Club Secretary. For any queries or further information please contact the Club Secretary Nick Stafford. mobile 07970 124109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org